Gadow Guitars and Basses
April 12, 2013, 11:45:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new Gadow model on its way!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom / Classic Hollow vs. Setneck HB  (Read 933 times)
Huskers1

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:45:06 AM »

I know there are at least a couple of you on this forum who own both.
Just kind of curious about the differences tone wise.
Ryan has me thinking I need a setneck and as a classic hollow owner I am
wondering if the Setneck HB would add more of the same as opposed to something different.
donobla

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:51:29 AM »

I have the Custom Hollow(s) (one with HBs and one with P-90s). I think they are both great. I do have a setneck (hollow) in production, so I have not been able to compare it yet. However, one thing that appears clear from the photos is that the pickups are closer together on the bolt-ons.......That allows room for the neck adjustment. The setneck should have more the spacing on a "traditional" guitar like the 335. Not sure how that will translate, but being further from the bridge would seem to be likely to get a bigger change from bridge to neck PU....Presumably a little more bass/less treble than the bolt-on neck PU. And the setneck should add some sustain, etc........Though the bolt-ons certainly appear to have very tight joints.

I will try to give some impressions after I have had a chance to put it through its paces a bit.
RRGadow
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

The pickups on the bolt ons are in non traditional places for purposes other then neck adjustment. The bridge pickup is shifted forward to give it a less obnoxious bite...and the neck pickup is shifted back to give it abit less muddy tone.

The pickups on the setnecks are in a traditional place because I personally like them there on a 25" scale.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: